So I am really liking Iceland! Its like, totally cool here. First off, there are 365 fresh days a year here and I saw northern lights for the first time the other night on Valentine's Day!
Thanks for the Valentines ;)
It was faint green and looked like a banana shaped cloud straight overhead and then it was gone. Hopefully, I'll be seeing alot more.
Couldn't get a pic because I'm still figuring out how to turn the camera flash on/off.
That's is our Hotel Kea at the bottom of the steps of the church. We're supposed to move into the student apartments on Thurs.! Yay! A kitchen-oh bliss! I'm not eating any more ramen or PB&J after this for the rest of the year! (Ok that might be a little much)
Someone wrote on the church doors "Fire is purification-burn churches down" (in Icelandic-I had to have it translated) And Arnborn (our international director who took us to eat the traditional food) said they spelled "churches" wrong. Guess there are illiterate vandals all over the world!
They leave the children in buggies with these fancy all-weather covers outside the shops here! Now that's what I'm talkin about!
I got a ski pass to Hlidarfjall for roughly 17000.00 ISK, the snowboarding mecca of Iceland located at the top of the hill here in Akureyri. We went last week, but it was pretty icy and lately its been actually pretty warm lately--hmmm, climate change possibly?
with lots of melting during the day and they freezing again at night. The sidewalks dont get plowed or anything here so its really slippery trying to walk around--makes life interesting! :)
(IcelandicPaulie wiped out on some Ice)
Kveưja = Best regards (That funny letter makes a "th-d" sound)
School is good--Im supposed to be working on my presentation on the U.S. Geothermal Energy policy right now in fact, so I guess I'll get to it. Wah.
Peace,
Ashlin Rug Love Forever!
Yeah, they leave their babies outside in Norway too! Fantastic, fo' sho'!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to visit you!!! :D