Saturday, March 28, 2009

Killer Queen




Mitch, Brano, Gabby, and I went to a Queen tribute concert in Akureyri last night. Lemme tell you the crowd was really weird. Everyone was sitting.  What?! No dancing?! How can you not dance to Queen?! There weren't any seats left when we showed up so we were kinda on the side and there was this woman who kept glaring at me for stepping in front of her line of vision.  I was all like, honey you gotta get up and dance, you cant command a 5 foot line of seated vision at a rock concert! And there was this little skinny man in a crushed cowboy hat (god I hate that look) who was jumping on people's backs and generally being creepy.  (They still stayed seated). Weird.  

Made me think of that time when Nicole and I went to the Misfits concert and we were up front against the rail rockin out and this chick kept diggin her elbow into my side everytime I bumped into her. I mean, come on, if you want some room, go to the back! So I dug my elbow right back at her and Nicole thought we gonna brawl. I was like, bring it. At the end of the night my arm was green with this huge bruise and I couldn't play raquetball as well the next day so Eryn won the Mines' women's championship and I got second (Thats my story and I'm stickin to it! No j/k -she could kick my butt most days) but oh the the story continues on...so I'm rockin out having a great time at the Misfits concert-screamin' my head off in appreciation and elbowing this stupid girl the whole time-and at the end the drummer, Marky Ramone (who's in the rock n' roll hall of fame) totally makes eye contact with me and tosses me his drumstick and this bee-atch tries to grab it! Can you freaking believe it!  so we go down in a scuffle and now the lights have come on and everyone is all, "Chick fight!" Her pussy boyfriend tries to grab the stick from me too but the crowd pushes him back.  So this dumb girl goes down on the concrete floor on her head and I'm all like "are you ok?" whilst still trying to pry her undeserving greedy fingers off my drumstick and she's like "I'm never gonna let go" in this dumb high pitched whiney voice. So I sigh and being the cool chick I am, I offer to split it with her.  At first, she still wont let go and thinks Im gonna run off with it. Puh-lease.  So I shake her off and crack the stick over my knee and the crowd groans with dismay, but Im like"oh just chill out--its a freaking drumstick" and give her half.  The bad half-I keep the tip end with all the dents from the drums.  Think its in the storage unit/blackhole back in Colorado.  Which btw, I'm totally having issues with U-Stor-It while I'm away.  So I recommend dont ever rent from U-Stor-It.  They suck.
Anyways, had a great time at the Queen cover show, and I'll leave you for now with this classic, feel free to sing it out loud, you know you want to!
I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody

Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

La-dee-da! Rug Love!

1 comment:

  1. You should also talk about the time you passed out at the Slightly Stoopid concert and you wonderful friend saved your life. haha
    I miss ya! It looks like you are having a ton of fun. I should of done grad school with you. haha Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete