
So I haven't updated in a while, and as my Grandma says I either do something all the way or nothing at all...here are some
really awesome pics of a mountain hut trip Mike (Colorado), Gabbi (Mexico), Andrea (Chile), Jure (Slovenia), and I took back in July. We tried to get to this hut back in May (check how green it got!) but it was still snowy and we were underdressed then. We came prepared this time and it was really sweet-I think the trip fixed Iceland nature in all of our souls. We hiked 13km to the hut from Akureyri and then climbed up top some mountains at midnight to see some glaciers (yes-those pics are from the middle of the night-thats how light it is during the summer here!). We tried to hike back the next day on the other side, but the glacier rvers were too strong (and cold!) to attempt a crossing. Maybe there will be a Glerárdalur Thyrir (three) album later this year...
No comments:
Post a Comment