Saturday was the Reykjavik Marathon. I only ran the 10km
(Hey Im saving my knee for snowboarding and salsa dancing ok?), but it was a blast and I think Im going to
train for a marathon next summer. I mean, its like a 5-6 hr run, it CAN be done you know? They say the
climate in Iceland is perfect for marathoning, although "the icelandic weather is highly changeable"
(typical phrase repeated alot around here), so we did get some rain.
Almost 11,500 people
participated in total. They had
a 3km for kids, a 10km, the
21km half-marathon, and the
42-km full marathon. It was
really cool to see people of all
ages participating and parents
pushing strollers even!
I got a medal and a t-shirt with icelandic writing on it! Yay! I have been looking for months for one, but they
are unbelievable hard to find.
Some results:
506 1:05:23 (1:04:14) Thelma María Guðnadóttir 1983 IS220
507 1:05:24 (1:02:59) A. T. 1982 USA
508 1:05:27 (1:03:20) Arna Torfadóttir 1978 IS201
....
Here are some pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment